Support This Site

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Its Here!

A few Weeks ago when I was sat bored cos there was nothing on TV, I was flicking through the shopping channels. I stopped on Thane direct which was advertising this...

THE MAGIC BULLET. Even DS stopped what he was doing on the computer to watch the awesomeness of this glorious machine.
I have always wanted a blender and a smoothie machine but this does both and loads more besides. The best thing is most things only take 10 seconds...10 SECONDS!!!!

So you know what I did? No I didn't get me ole credit card out (prepaid) I got on Ebay to find one a lot cheaper than £70.
I managed to find one at the end of last week for just £28 incl. P&P I was well impressed as I had watched loads and they had mostly been selling for nearly £40 which is the price Woolies are selling for.

I had gotten so excited about the arrival of this almighty machine that when it arrived I unwrapped it and then just sat looking at it. I had so many ideas that I wanted to try that I didn't know where to start.
Unfortunately my first try out wasn't much of a success. I decided to whip myself up a portion of soup. What I shouldn't have done though is put a whole Onion in just for 1 portion. I took a sip and it blew my head off! I was crying for the rest of the afternoon. Not because I was sad but because of the Onions.
So I have decided to freeze this Onion concoction and use it up to put in soups and sauces but only in small doses.

When DS came home he was itching for a go so with my guidance he made himself a Smoothie consisting of Grapes, Orange and Pineapple. He was very impressed and seemed to enjoy it.
DD wasn't so impressed and I think it is going to take a few more experiments before she see the fruits of this labour (Get it??!!)

Now I am off to find some creative Smoothie/Milkshake recipes...gotta get those 5 a day in there some how ;-)

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: