Support This Site

Sunday, March 04, 2007

As time goes by

Excitement was rife today as I finally managed to get through on the phone to my old supervisor from The American Adventure.
My heart was beating so fast as I dialled the number and I expected it to ring and ring again until suddenly i heard the voice say "Hello"

Brian had told me to write a list of the questions I wanted to ask her but as soon as I was on the phone I forgot all about the questions. I was just so excited to speak to her. Imagine - This woman was my first ever supervisor. She was like a surrogate mother to us young 'uns back then and I really looked up to her. It has been 18 years since I saw or spoke to her last and a lot has happened in those years and there is a lot to catch up on. I would have loved to have spoken all afternoon as I wanted to tell her everything but I didn't want to bore the poor woman to death and put her off totally about coming to the reunion.

So even though she said she might be on holiday she really hopes to make it to the event.
The only sad thing is that although I was really looking forward to seeing her son again, that won't be happening as he is millions of miles away in Canada with his partner and daughter.

This is one more very important name to cross off our wishlist of people to see again. Many more to go though.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: