Support This Site

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Meeting up

I have had a Tremendous day today.
I started chatting to Jenn on MSN a year ago. She and her mother were big James Fox fans and she was also a fan of JK and Joel. In fact Jenn and I had another thing in common in that she also was a contestant on Andy's Box. She shared the spoils on the morning she took part but unlike me, she never received her prizes... A year on she is still not happy!

Today, Jenn just happened to be visiting Derby Uni on their open day so I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to meet up finally.
I met her at the train station at about 2.45 as it was easier for her to get on the special buses set up by the University for the day.
We went across the road to the Waterfall pub where we had diet cokes and Jenn had some lunch.

We chatted about all sorts of stuff. Football to Movies to Harry Potter to Doctor Who. It was so great to have so many things in common with someone that things didn't go stale.

After a while there was a rowdy old man that started shouting at the TV so we walked into town as Jenn needed to get a new pair of earphones for the long train journey home to Liverpool.

Although it was only 3 hours, it passed by so quickly and before we knew it, it was time for Jenn to get her train home again.

I am hoping that we can meet up again sometime but next time I would love to go up to Liverpool for the day.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: