Support This Site

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Reunions

Lisa and I first met about 10 years ago when our children were in Nursery together. She has twin boys who are in the year between my 2 so they were all friends and spent a lot of time together through infant school.

Unfortunately Lisa and her family moved away to another part of the city in 2000 and although we both did our best, after a few more years, we lost touch with each other.

On Tuesday as I was sat waiting for the bus, I randomly texted people in my phonebook who live in Derby to tell them that DS is in this week's local paper. I didn't expect any replies, just passing the time. Then out of the blue I got a reply from Lisa. It was so lovely to hear from her and then she said what I was thinking, Lets meet up for a drink.

So today at 12 we met up at a Wetherspoons in town. The idea was to have lunch and a few drinks but we never did get round to the food. You wouldn't believe how quick 5 hours went by. We hardly scratched the surface of catching up yet there were never a second of silence between us. The one thing about my relationship with Lisa was always that we could talk about anything. and after all this time that hasn't changed. I always found it so easy to talk to her and we have a lot of the same opinions.

I wish that we hadn't had to get back to our respective families as I could have sat there talking and laughing till chucking out time. However I had a previous engagement and she had to get back to cook for her boys.

Hopefully now we will endeavour to keep in touch and meet up at least once a month. I really do need that release and a bit of adult company to keep me from going insane.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: