Support This Site

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

New faces

Today I took myself out of my comfort zone.
A member of the local freecycle group was having a make-up party at her home and invited other members of Freecycle along. I wasn't really interested in the make-up as I don't wear it much unless I am going to an event but I thought I would take the plunge and go along.

For me it was a big accomplishment to get on a bus and go somewhere I have never been before and visit the house of a stranger. Of course I wittered on about it, pacing about the house beforehand trying to think of reasons why I shouldn't go. I willed for it to rain so that I could use that as my excuse. However at 10am I was waiting for the bus to Littleover.

OK so I got to the house and after the initial walking in and saying hi, it was relatively good. I was the only person there without children and that was interesting as I could just sit back and take no responsibility for the screaming and crying and fighting and tantrums. All the children were under 5 so you can imagine it was very hectic. The hostess has a 1 year old who is very clingy and was also 7 months pregnant, I don't know how she was managing but she didn't stop the whole time.

I declined the makeover but it was interesting to watch someone else have their make-up done and it looked very good at the end. I couldn't really afford to buy anything from the party. I only really went for the company and the getting out of the house but as there were only 2 other people there, I sort of felt obliged to buy something and ended up with a £10 mascara for which the hostess is coming round for the money at the weekend.

I only just managed to miss the rain (And the bus) coming home so by the time I got back about 2pm I was knackered and hungry.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: