Support This Site

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Grand opening

Today was the highly anticipated opening of our all new shopping centre by Westfield.




Derby always had it's own lovely little shopping centre called the Eagle centre. So named after the street where it was built on. It was taken over a few years ago by multi-National company Westfield and that saw the end of our unique little shopping experience. For the past 2 years they have been building and expanding to bring it into line with it's Malls across the world.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for progress and I love shopping in the Victoria centre/Broadmarsh in Notts so I have no problem with it, it is just a little daunting.

I paid a visit to the new centre this morning to see what all the fuss was about and I have to say "WOW!" It is massive. It goes on forever and it is full of shops that frankly I have never heard of and I am afraid I shall probably never have cause to visit.

It is very impressive though and I will probably just enjoy walking round and maybe having a drink in the huge food court or in one of the many coffee bars.



This is the stage where the grand opening is to be held. I hear it was Tess Daly booked to cut the ribbon although I missed all that as I had to get back home to wait for the delivery of my new carpets lol

Stumble UponStumble it!

1 comment:

Sibri said...

Wow, looks very swanky and certainly puts Nottingham's to shame... they were gonna re-do The Broadmarsh once upon a time (I even saw pics) but don't know what happened to that idea.

Can't wait to see it in person