Support This Site

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A Pleasant morning

I had a great morning today, one that brought back my faith in Freecycle.

A few days ago I offered a box of books that belonged to DD that she had read and were no longer wanted. It was a whole series of books called Point Horror and I really didn't know how best else to get rid of them.

I had an email from a lady called Julie who wanted them for her son to try and get him into reading. When I spoke to her on the phone she offered to come on the bus but I thought it might be a lot easier to to meet in town so that she didn't have to mess around.

We met outside Sainsbury's at 11.30am and Julie suggested going for a coffee. We ended up going to one of the new coffee places in the Westfield and staying for over an hour chatting. It turned out we had a lot in common. Her daughter is 15 and her son is 13 and she too is a lone parent like me having trouble getting back into the working environment. It was 1.15pm when we finally went our separate ways and then I had to go do my shopping before getting home for lunch at about 2.30pm

I am hoping that we can meet up again at some point as It is nice to meet someone I have so much in common with and who can relate to the problems that I have had.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: