Support This Site

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Jobsearch

Today was my first official jobsearch day and I have to say it was good fun. Is that the right response? to say searching for a job was good fun?
Well I just used Google to help me find vacancies in Derby then I applied for them. They were all online applications anyway so I could fill in the online form and upload my CV and jobs a good 'un. I had to print out each application and job desc. to put in my folder but it was quite exhilarating. I also went down to the Jobcentre with Sarah and picked up a few details from there - they were all email applications too so I could just send a covering email and my CV.

Believe it or not I even got an offer already. Unfortunately I had to turn it down as it was based at East Midlands airport and although I had planned to look into transport etc..they wanted to see me tomorrow and that really didn't give me time to organise matters. Anyhow it is just the first step on the road for me.

Tomorrow me and a couple of others are going over to the Showcase cinema open day to chance our luck there. This would be a dream job to me even if it doesn't fit in with my new criteria.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: