Support This Site

Saturday, January 05, 2008

More Shopping

The kids and I took a trip out to Burton-on-Trent today on the train for a spot of shopping. Although Burton is a smaller town and Derby has the new Westfield centre, It is really up there as a shopping experience. A lot of people prefer Burton for the shops and they have a few shops that we don't have in Derby.

DS' most important goal for today was to get himself a new mobile since he broke his other one. My goal was actually just to buy myself something - a treat that I don't need but just want - something spontaneous!
DD had a few ideas of what she was looking for but I don't think she was too bothered.

I managed to buy myself the Chris Moyles "Difficult second book" and treated myself to 3 chocolate scented candles. We traipsed around all the games shops and I wanted to get myself a couple of new games for my PSP or Xbox but I struck out there. We also had a lok in HMV and I ummed and ahhed about getting a couple of new DVDs but left it and decided I would look in our store or even online.

We nipped into McDonalds for lunch and sat in some funky chairs like the BB Diary room chair. I tried the BBQ Pork melt and it was very spicey.

BY 5pm we were all knackered so trudged back to the train station and were home by 6pm.
I have already started reading my book and been in fits of laughter already.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: