Support This Site

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Curry Night


It's come around quickly but today was my monthly meet up with Lisa for drinks and eats.

We met at a local Wetherspoons pub and had a couple of pints. Lisa tried the special scrumpy cider they had on offer but I just stuck to my usual pint of Fosters.

We planned to go to the Buddha Lounge and Bar which is a buffet style place serving Chines, Thai and Indian. It is located in the Cathedral quarter of Derby. However we got there to find that as it was after 5pm, the price had shot up to £15.95 per person. We thought £12.95 at Wokmania was steep but this was too much.

We headed back down towards another Wetherspoons pub to use the loo and decide what to do next. We were swayed by their Curry night special which consists of a choice of 12 Currys with a free drink just for £5.49.



I am not a big Curry expert so I chose the Lamb Kashmiri. Lisa likes her currys hotter so she went for the Hot Chicken Masala.

It was really nice and came with a Naan bread, 2 Poppodoms, Mango chutney and Basmati rice. I thoroughly enjoyed it and ate every little bit of it as well as wiping up the leftovers with my bread.

It was getting on for 6.40 when we finished so we said our goodbyes and i walked home. I had to make sure I went and voted too.
A great evening and I can't wait till our next one.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: