Support This Site

Friday, November 28, 2008

Christmas shopping part 2


The world is going mad I am sure. This past week it has been announced that big stores MFI and Woolworths are in mega trouble. MFI are now going into administration although a buyout beforehand has secured the future of some of the stores.


Woolworths had already announced troubles and jokes were circulating about buying up the company for £1. Although in all seriousness you would have had to have a few more pennies behind you to take on their £120 million of debt.

I went into Woolie on Thursday mainly to take up the 3 for 2 offers on Christmas chocolates and advent calendars. It was the last day of their exclusive friends and family sale but it was mad in there. You would think that they were closing down that day. So much for the credit crunch - people were dashing about loading their arms with xmas decorations and chocolates and anything they could get their hands on. I got all dizzy and ended up coming out empty handed because I couldn't find what I was looking for and there were just too many people.

I have picked up a few more bits for Christmas stockings and hampers and keep stashing them away in readiness.
The children's main presents are being order online as it is a lot less hassle and of course I get percentage commision through Quidco.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: