Support This Site

Tuesday, June 02, 2009

A Hot date ;)


A lovely surprise visit from Brian today really brightened up my week.

I met Brian off the bus at about 11.30 and we walked into town. There is a new Poundshop opened up where the old Next was so we went and had a nosey in there. Brian wanted to get some CDs and some sun cream and I just wanted to look round.

When Brian had bought what he wanted we went for some lunch in the Food court. It took us ages to decide what to have. There is a choice of Fish & Chips, Jacket potato, Pizza or Pasta, Subs, KFC, Burger King, PieMinister, Noodles, Rotisserie Chicken or a Chinese buffet type take away where you just fill a box for a fiver.

I realy fancied the Rotisserie Chicken but Brian said her would rather have KFC. I considered it and for the price I thought that if I sat there with Brian eating KFC I would wish I had had it too so we both went for KFC (Do you think I mentioned KFC too many times there?)

After we'd eaten we took a walk through the Market where Brian discovered a new age stall. Not only did they sell Tarot cards and Runes but they sold Black "witches" cloaks too as well as incense and candles and the woman even does tarot readings for a tenner.

We wandered down to the River Gardens where we sat first of all on the wall as there were no free benches but as someone moved on we moved to the free bench. It was very hot and Brian kept offering me sun cream and warning me that the middle of the day is the worst time but I declined.

We did a spot of photography while we were there...

After a while neither of us could stand the heat any longer and there was no shaded benches so we moved to go round to the other side of the river.
As we walked over the bridge, Brian realised he had more money than he thought so suggested we go to the pub for a pint. The Standard is the perfect place with it's roof terrace so thats where we headed. Luckily it wasn't busy and we got a table outside on the roof where we continued to enjoy the sinshine while we took more photos and chatted.

I have to be honest I could feel my face and arms burning up and Bri said I had burned my chest. I shrugged it off as I didn't want to admit I should have had Sun cream on.

By 4pm we were both sunned out and we walked to the Bus stop where Brian hopped on the Red Arrow back to Notts and I walked home. It was now that I realised I really was burning. My arms were really smarting and I couldn't stop scrathcing them but the more they itched and the more I scratched the redder they became and the more it hurt.

I had a fabulous day out tho, As expected when spending time with my best mate. Sometimes things are way better when they are just off the cuff, spontaneous and un-planned.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: