Support This Site

Friday, January 12, 2007

When Mum doesn't have to cook

The time has come around again when DS is on the Cookery rotation at school. This Thursday he was learning how to make Shepherds Pie.
Do you know how hard it is to get hold of Lamb mince around these parts? Well after searching high and low I finally got all the ingredients that he needed and was looking forward to the fact that I wouldn't have to plan that evening's meal.

I have to say that it was wonderful. Despite the little strop that DD threw because there were Mushrooms in it I think she enjoyed it too. I was so nice to just put it in the oven to warm up then sit down and eat it. They always say you enjoy something a whole lot more when someone else has cooked it and I think that is true.
It had loads of onion and carrot and Sweetcorn in and also it was very Garlicy. We are big fans of Garlic in this house but there is always a price to pay for that and so time will only tell how many of their friends steered clear today!

There was plenty leftover too so I think we will be stinking of Garlic for at least another day or so.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: