Support This Site

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Friendship books

About 10 years ago before I discovered computers and the internet I collected penpals almost as obsessively as I collected autographs.
I had almost a hundred people all over the world that I wrote to. Some penpals that I had been writing to since I was a teenager. I had friends that liked Take That who I would swap TT memorabilia with and WWF Wrestling fans who I would swap wrestling stuff with and fellow autograph collectors who I swapped autographs with as well as fellow mums who I would swap baby stories with.
Another item I liked to swap was friendship books.
I would make a little book by sticking about 10 pieces of paper together. Then write my name and address on the front with some details about myself. Then I would send them to my penpals...The journey begins here because then they would fill their name in and send it on and so on until it was full and then the last person to put their name in would send it back to me.
You can imagine there would have been hundreds of these flying all over the world and who knows where.

So imagine my surprise when an envelope popped through the door the other day all the way from Germany. I haven't filled in one of these things since 1997 so it has been making it's way around the world for the last 10 years or lying in someone's inbox.

Now with the Internet and email or even IM it is so much easier to get in touch with people.

I would love to see if I can get in touch with all the people that filled in my FB.

So...
Maxine McKenzie from Lancs
Kerry Richardson from Bucks
Paola Fornari from Italy
Claudia Decker from Germany
Jacqueline Roy from Canada
Tanya Box from Australia
Sandra Podgorseck from Croatia
Laura Pelkey from Philadelphia
Stefanie Neher from Switzerland
Janett March from Germany
And Stephanie Kresner from Germany

If you are out there, please get in touch I would love to hear from you and how you have moved on from when you filled in this Friendship book

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: