Support This Site

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Jason Manford Book signing Nottingham - 8/10/11

Img_3158

I only just found Jason's Facebook this week but I am so glad I did. It was only a couple of days ago that he posted on there that he was doing a book signing in Nottingham. So the first thing I did was to text Brian and ask if he would come with me. 2 reasons - 1) He would know where to go and 2) to be my official photographer.

Luckily for me, Brian wasn't working this weekend and so he agreed that he would be up for coming with me.

My alarm went off at 7.15am as I wanted to get up and dye my hair. However I just couldn't drag myself out of bed and stayed for another 2 hours. I did finally get up at 9.30 and got my hair sorted.

I told Brian I would be in Notts for 2pm but gthat wen out the window firmly when I got to the Bus station and found out that all the buses were delayed because of the roadworks on the A52 as well as Goose fair holding the trafic up at the Nottingham city end.

I met the boys at the marketplace and we walked up to the Waterstones store to see if there was a queue yet but no there wasn't so we took a walk around town to while away the time.

We went back later so I could buy the book ready and I asked the assistant what time was best to come and queue. He told me 4-4.30pm so that is what we did.

We got back to the store about 4 and had a wander around then when we noticed there was a queue forming we went to join it. 

As we stood waiting I was getting more and more nervous. Id never been to a book signing before and although I have been to plenty of album/single signings - They had all been for Alistair. This was a new celebrity I was meeting for the first time and I didn't know what to do. As I stood there my left leg started shaking. I was quite embarrassed, I don't know if anyone could see but it felt like they could.

Dscf0303me
Brian was counting the minutes down for me..."4 minutes to go"..."3 minutes to go"..."Only 1 minute to go"...But then as the Town hall clock chimed 5pm, Jason was nowhere to be seen!

However when he did arrive Brian noticed before me...

Dscf0305abc
As Jason came in he was very understated in his Blue checked shirt as he just said "Alright" to everyone waiting

He took his seat and the signings began.

It is all pretty much a blur for me as I was so nervous

I remember Jason saying to the first couple in the queue "so do you want me to sign it or what?" No Idea what was going on but they did have 4 books to sign. I didn't even realise that Brian was taking all these lovely photos - Thanks Brian :)

 While we had been waiting one of the assistants came round and wrote our names on sticky notes which is a good idea as sometimes spellings can be tricky.

As I reached the front of the line. They stopped while the local paper photographer took some pics. The PR woman took my book from me ready for Jason to sign and asked me if I was going to the gig later. In a fashion I told her I was going to Derby next month. (My mouth was so dry and I just stumbled over my words.)

When Jason was ready, The PA put the book down in front of him and said "This is Jen, she is coming to see you in Derby"

Dscf0322abc
I can't remember exactly what happened but it was something like this...

Jason - Derby, I love Derby, a great little town

Me - Yes but I guess you have to say that don't you

Jason - (puts finger to lips) Don't tell anyone I said that. I probably won't be saying it tonight in Nottingham

Me - Well thats OK as I won't be here to hear you (giggle).

Then after he had signed my book I asked for a picture. There was a chair next to him where everyone had sat for the photo op. He poited at the chair and said something along the lines of "Hop round here" (Not sure of his exact words as I was concentrating on not knocking him flying)

Brian even had a little chat with him while I was positioning myself. Then as I got up to leave he said "Ill see you at The Assembly rooms"

YES! Yes you will Jason :D

Img_3164

Posted via email from jembie's posterous

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: