Support This Site

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wednesday Observations

I have been out this morning to Tesco in town and I realised that if I keep my wits about me there is lots going on to write about.
First of all as I waited to cross over Mercian way, A car stopped and the driver berated me because I was stood waiting and wasn't crossing over. I wasn't crossing because the lights weren't on Red and the Green man wasn't showing.
Pelican-crossing-web_large
Further on my travels I saw 1 taxi driver smoking a cigarette in his taxi - with all the windows wound up! I wouldn't want to be his next passenger...That should be illegal!!
Chicagotaxi2
I saw my next Taxi driver driving whilst on his mobile phone. Now I KNOW that's illegal! He was setting off from parked! Couldn't he just wait a few minutes more until he finished his conversation before he set off?
Cellphone-car
In town as usual, there were Charity collectors all the way down St Peter's street. You could see people trying to avoid them. If you spot them early enough you can formulate a plan so you can avoid them altogether or have something ready to say or you could just ignore them. Why should we have to though? Why do we allow these people to encroach on our lives??
C_71_article_1328114_image_list_image_list_item_0_image
My main visit to town was for Tesco. I picked up everything I needed except for Catfood. Now what kind of Supermarket doesn't sell single tins of Catfood?? It meant I would have to make a further stop on my way home to pick up a couple of tins from Spar or Londis.
Catsperiment-2
I got to the checkout and was disgusted at the level of Customer service - ZERO! No smile, no greeting just a miserable young girl who was very rude and couldn't get me out quick enough, She tutted when I said I had a load of coupons.
1721040
I won't be recommended her for any awards any time soon!
6a00d8341d417153ef0134878a2cd8970c-550wi
It doesn't end there, I got home and settled down to a cuppa and a good Christmas movie and the phone rang. I went to answer it and it was an automated voice telling me I have a message for some company or other. I hung up and the phone has rang non-stop since. In fact I had to unplug the phone as I just had enough! What did I say about these companies encroaching on our lives?!!!
So Happy Humpday to me!


Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: