Support This Site

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Getting a better deal on Virgin Media

With all the hype recently about us cable customers losing out on (3) Sky Channels. Virgin have had to do a lot of bowing and scraping to keep the customers.

After keeping tabs on the relevant threads on MSE, I decided it was my turn to give Virgin a call and see what they can offer me. There was a lot of waiting in queues and then when I finally got through a lot of wheeling and dealing. Eventually I didn't get a reduction in my bill but I did get all the channels added to my package including Sky Movies and Sky Sports as well as the 24/7 free calls. All for teh same price I am paying now so a saving of about £30.

Ultimately this all means that tomorrow I can watch the England U21 game which is the first official game from the new Wembley. Then I can spend all afternoon watching all the other International games until the evening when I can sit back on my sofa with me can of Skol and me microwave popcorn and enjoy the England V Israel game from the comfort of my own home.

It also means there should always be a movie on to watch for a Sunday afternoon and most importantly, when The mighty Rams go into the Prem next season, I will never have to miss any of their televised games again!!

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: