Support This Site

Thursday, May 24, 2007

All about the movies

Last night I watched 2 films on Sky.
The first 1 was called Stay and starred Ewan McGregor. I confess I didn't understand it from the very first minute to the very last. Yes I did watch it all the way through and still I couldn't give you even an inkling of what it was about.



OK so Ewan McGregor was a psychiatrist who was filling in for another doctor while she was sick. That was easy enough to understand. He met 1 of her clients who had loads of issues and from then on all sorts of weird things started to happen. It all got really confusing so I hung on for the end hoping that all would become clear and sadly it didn't. It just ended with a huge flapping loose ends where nothing was resolved at all.

So I could have gone to bed then (should have) but the next film was a comedy starring Paul Nicholls of all people and Jennifer Love Hewitt called If Only. This was way more in my genre.
It was about a guy who was way too busy to give his girlfriend some time or even tell her he loved her. We follow them for 1 day and then suddenly at the end of that day, she is killed in a car crash.



He is all sad and sits reading her diary and falls asleep wishing that he had treated her different. So guess what? He wakes up the next morning but it is the same day and she is there again. He gets to live it over again and do things differently. I shan't tell you how it ends but it has a twist...

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: