Support This Site

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Blackpool - The full review

Well I finally finished the whole series and I have to say it is the best BBC series I have seen in a while.

I started off watching it as it was David Tennant but I soon forgot that as the whole cast were amazing and I think I have also developed a thing for David Morrissey now too. He was fabulous as the Arcade no sorry family entertainment centre owner - Ripley Holden. The character you love to hate at the beginning who goes round screwing everyone else for his own advancement. By the end of it though I was feeling sorry for Ripley. We were taken on a complete journey with the character, one which I really enjoyed.

Of course we can't forget about Sarah Parish who is a marvellous actress and I am wondering if I am going to find anything with DT in where he doesn't shag her at some point (OK so the Doctor was never going to end up in the sack with The Empress of the Racnoss ) She plays Natalie Holden Long-suffering wife of Ripley who ends up falling into bed with the very persuasive DI Carlisle (played by DT )

The series ends with the wedding of Shyanne Holden (played by ex corrie actress Georgia Taylor) to her "old enough to be my dad" boyfriend.




I also loved Danny Holden (played by Thomas Morrison) he is sooo cute and please tell me we were meant to guess his little secret at the beginning of episode 1.

Now as you might have guessed I am at a loss. The whole series was only 6 episodes long and although there was a sequel Viva Blackpool I read that reviews aren't too good.

I want to go get the boxset now though and I would urge any David Tennant fans or David Morrissey fans who didn't see it to go and buy it as you will watch it over and over again. I think the BBC should find more talented writers of this kind and get more series like this produced.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: