Support This Site

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hi-De-Hi Campers

Back in January I received a priority booking form for The Sun's £9.50 holidays. At first I said to myself "Yeah Right" but then I thought that surely I could scrape together the £38 and if it is only a weekend, we wouldn't need that much money.
So I collected the tokens and sent in me form and paid the money. I had put mostly April dates so that we had longer to save up and although I had to break my rule of not taking the children out of school, Luckily we got this last weekend.

So Friday afternoon off we went to catch the train to Scarborough. (Changing at Leeds). Unusually for us everything went smoothly. There was a little delay but not that we really noticed.

We got to the caravan park around 5pm and made our way to the check in point in the club room.
I was so nervous. I have never done this before. At my age you would think I had booked a holiday before but I hadn't.
As we were late in the day, there was no queuing. I got my welcome pack and my key within 5 minutes of arriving.

We were certainly given a perfect start to our break. The caravan was just a minute's short walk from the entertainment complex and right next door to Reception as well as 2 minutes from the bus stop into the town.
Our Caravan was also much more than we could have asked for. 3 bedrooms which meant that the children wouldn't have to share after all (according to my reservation we should have been in a 2 bed) There was heaters in all the rooms as well as a seperate toilet and shower.
The kitchen had a microwave and a Forman grill and the lounge area had a DVD player as well as Freeview and built in radio. It was obvious that we had secured a privately owned unit as there were a selection of games in the cupboard and little ornaments scattered about the caravan.

Our Caravan

To the left of the caravan

To the right.

Once we had got ourselves settled and sorted out the linen etc... We took a walk down to the entertainments and shop to take a look around. As it is just the beginning of the season, it was very quiet. We had a go on the Arcades and then went for some tea in the restaurant. The children both opted for Lasagne and I had Scampi.

We made our way into the Clubroom at about 8.30pm and it wasn't even half full so we were able to get a good table near the front.

As in most of these places they more or less stick to the same format of entertainments. No Rory and Bradley this time though. Park Resorts have their own characters. Firstly the hero of the hour is Sparky the rabbit along with his slightly more intelligent girlfriend Sparkle.


The other character though was by far our favourite, he is Naarky the Nardvark

(OK my pictures aren't the best)

We had arrived in time for Sparky's funtime. The children had to do daft thing to compete for point which would ultimately lead to -Yes you guessed it-Prizes
Halfway through, Naarky appeared to spice up proceedings as he caused mischief and mayhem distracting the children and going round knocking chairs over. What fun that must be. I would love to play Naarky.

DS' favourite next as the Teamstars came out on stage to do the Party dances. DS was straight down to the front as prizes were mentioned for the best dancers etc...He wasn't a winner on this occasion but he would have more chances later on.

The next entertainment was the resident cabaret who are a band called Jinx. They are a family consisting of Dad on Bass, Son on Drums and the 2 daughters doing all the singing.
I thought they were terrific. They did a huge variety of covers from Kylie/Lily Allen/Charlotte Church to Take That and even Black Lace. They kept the children on the dancefloor and intigrated them into the act and even had COMPETITION TIME half way through the set where the children had to go and fetch a parent to dance with and the girls would pick the best dancer to get a prize (T-shirt, Certificate, medal) Of course it was never an adult that won.


As well asJinx on every night, There was also a guest act. The act Friday night was a male comedian and I didn't fancy that so we went out into the arcades. It waqs probably about 10.30 went we went back to the caravan but we watched a bit of TV and went to bed as it had been a knackering day travelling.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: