Support This Site

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Day 2 - Saturday

I was woken at about 6am by birds on the roof of the caravan. Mainly Seagulls I imagine as I could hear them squawking overhead too. I really felt like I lived on the ground floor of an apartment block. I lay there for a little while and eventually dropped off again. The bed was amazingly comfy. I must had got the best sleep I have had for a long time as once I did get up, I felt really good!

I got up at 9am and sat and watched Hider. I know that is a daft thing to do on your holiday but I felt well rested and ready for the day ahead.
I had brought some Eggs and Bacon so that we could have a fry-up and we all tucked into Bacon and Eggs before heading off to get the bus into Scarborough. Its only a 10 minutes journey on the bus so we were there before 12.

As we had a good 7 hours in the town, we decided to go have a look round the shops and DD needed to send a postcard to her friend.
I realised as we headed down towards the front that Stupidly I had left my camera in my suitcase so I decided to pop into Argos and treat myself to a new one. It is only a cheap little thing but it would do me for the rest of the weekend. Mind you It would have helped if I had read the specs and the instructions a bit more before I started firing it off.

I took this one picture of the front with the Castle in the background which I am sure is exactly the same as the one I took last time I was there.


I took a couple of pics of DS on the beach too but they seem to have disappeared. Told you I should have read the manual first.

When we left the park in the morning it was really cold and overcast so we were all dressed for winter but by about 2pm the sun was out the Sky was blue and people were striping off all over the place. We couldn't let the occasion pass without going on the beach and we stood out a mile in our big coats, jumpers and trainers. Of course it didn't bother DS as his trainers and socks were off and his trouser legs were rolled up and he was paddling in the sea.

You know time really goes fast as you are in and out of arcades and by 3.30 I realised how hungry I was. We found a lovely little fish restaurant and sat down for lunch. DD ordered the cheese salad and DS went for the most expensive thing on the menu, the Crab salad. Well when they came you would think that this was their last supper, there was enough on 1 plate for the 3 of us. I am glad I just opted for the Baked potato with Prawns as I got enough salad with that.


God knows how much money we poured into those arcade machines but I did end up with a nice little keyring booty that I won out of them. That is where the excitement lays. If there were machines that had no gifts, I would miss them out.

I realised that time was moving on and we should make a start back up to the bus stop. Not before DD got herself some Donuts though and DS got himself some crabsticks to take back.

It was about 6.30 when we got back and I had blisters on my feet from all the walking. #
By about 8 though we were ready to go out again and walked down to the club.

Even though it was Saturday night, there was even less people than the night before. I had expected it to get a lot busier and was surprised that we could get a table right at the front. I treated the children to a big cup each that could be refilled each time we come back.

Saturday was Party in the dark night at the club. So all the children were encouraged to bug their parents to buy flashy things.
We watched Sparkey's Funtime and then resident band Jinx with different outfits and a whole different set to Friday night.
The guest act Saturday night was a girl duo called Insomnia - most aptly named as they would be the perfect cure for it. They were really rubbish and I would have preferred another set from Jinx rather than them so I suggested we go get Pizza and take it back to the Caravan. There was a great little takeaway in the complex that did Pizza, Burgers, Kebabs, Chips, Chicken etc...

The Pizzas were gorgeous. I got a Ham and Pineapple one and a veggie one so that we could share them between the 3 of us.

We all got snuggled up in our duvets and watched TV for a it before finally getting to bed about 1amish




Stumble UponStumble it!

2 comments:

Sibri said...

Sounds like a fab weekend Jen! You were very lucky with the caravan! Glad you all had a good time x

Jen said...

Thanks Bri. I can't wait again until we can go off somewhere again.