Support This Site

Monday, June 11, 2007

On a roll

Well yesterday afternoon after successfully finishing Gary's book I went in search of The Gospel (according to Chris Moyles) to see If I could finish that too. I had read the bulk of it on holiday anyway so I didn't think I had that much left.



Guess what? I finished that too. So 2 excellent autobiographies completed in one night.

It is very surprising how much in common the 2 stars actually have. They are both Northern lads brought up in good Northern working class families. They both mentioned in their stories how hard their father's worked and how little they saw of them because of this and they are also both the youngest of 2 boys.

Even more still they both knew from a very early age what they wanted to do and started on their careers by the age of 12 - 13 years old. Of course they are also very successful in their chosen fields now but both have had difficulties along the way.

What I loved most about Moyles' book is that from the very first sentence, it is written as he talks so you can hear him in your head telling you the story and you can imagine the facial expressions and everything. He also didn't tell the story of his life in a conventional chronological order, he splits it up to talk about other things which makes it a lot easier to read and takes the tedium out of it.

Well I have several other autobiographies laying around that I have never fully read so VB and RW are lined up next ;-)

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: