Support This Site

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Gary Barlow - My Take


Today I got up about 12ish. I came downstairs and made some toast then I decided to pick up Gary's book and read a few pages instead of being sat at the computer all day.

In fact once I had picked it up that was it. I stopped at about 3pm to go shopping and then I sat and had a snack but otherwise the book has been my main focus today.

I have been reading a few pages each day and had got as far as Take That just being signed to BMG. Today I have spanned the whole of Take That's career and just noticed it is 6.45 and I have to get the tea before Doctor who so I have had to put it down after Gary is returning to the UK from trying to break his solo career in the States.

GREAT BIG EDIT

Well it's Sunday afternoon and I can report that I have finished reading My Take by Gary Barlow. What an amazing story - OK so we knew the story - I lived a lot of it myself!
But did you know that Gary was on the tube when 7/7 happened? I didn't and I was shocked!
It was a rollercoaster ride of a book as Gary was brutally honest about everything including his feelings towards the other guys in the band Robbie and Nigel Martin-Smith.

There were so many stories bandied about back in the day of how the band got together and their back-stories and their lives that it was great to read the actual truth at last.

The thing I loved most was how the book described the love story between Gary and Dawn. Their romance has been beautiful and as they were obviously meant to be together it is wonderful how Gary is so open about his feelings for Dawn and how he is besotted with her and his 2 children Daniel and Emily.

Throughout the whole book I did Laugh out loud as well as bawling my head of and now I am going to go out and buy the paperback version to read the extra chapter.

Stumble UponStumble it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quality info about Mr Barlow...hes made sum good choices in his tyme as well...not that I'm a massive fan anyway...Great blog...Thanks...Just for any take that fans...Seen sumwhere you can win free tickets to the next concert but hurry the competition ends soon. Ive already sent my entry. Hopefully i win these tickets free, online bingo cash is the website you can win it from.