Support This Site

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Utopia

So the series finale begins with the first of a 3-parter. There was a lot of excitement and anticipation in this house, most of all of the return of Captain Jack.



We weren't disappointed. RTD's writing was absolutely sublime. I was a little disappointed with the lack of surprise when Jack first saw the new face of The Doctor but then later this was explained when Jack told 10 where he had been since the last time they were together. Who would have known Jack had been transported back to 1862?

I absolutely loved the way DT played his relationship with Jack. So much comedy in a serious episode and the chemistry between Jack and The Doctor was spot on.

"Oh don't start"

"I was only saying Hello"

"...and who are you?"


"Stop it!"



"Can't I say Hello to anybody?"

It was obviously wonderful to see all the flashbacks of Rose again as Jack and 10 reminisced but I couldn't help feeling bad for Martha as just when she was started to feel special, she was the outsider again.


"Oh she was blonde, Oh what a surprise!"

The scene in the radiation room through the door was genius. We got to learn about Jack and about The Doctor himself too. I shed a tear or 2 - all 3 times I watched it.

I have tried not to read any conspiracy theories or previews of the ending as that just spoils the whole thing so It was a massive shock to learn the identity of the old Professor who I have to say was played perfectly by Derek Jacobi.


I am not going to blog about John Simm as it is really his show next week so I can go mad about him next time.

Only sad thing is ...2 more episodes left of this series :-(

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: