Support This Site

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Oooh Big screen tv

A while back it was announced they were going to have a big screen TV in the centre of Derby.
I didn't know when or anything. Usually these announcements are in the paper that it will be coming next year but it is there now.

Of course they had a disastrous unveiling when it refused to work and they had to bus in a replacement for an opera or something.

Anyhow I actually went to have a look today and I was well disappointed. It is actually like a replica of my TV only about 100 times bigger.
Is it playing public service announcements? Is it playing music videos? Maybe it is playing celebratory videos of Derby County's rise to The Premisership?


Nope - It is just a computer screen that's it. Thousands of tax payers money for that!

I would like someone to explain to me the whole point of it really.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: