Support This Site

Friday, July 13, 2007

Bloody Friday 13th

(Today would have been my 16th wedding anniversary)

Usually it doesn't make a difference what day it is, I have never seen Friday 13th feel as bad before. I guess it was my fault, I should just have stayed inside.

I had a Cafepress order to collect from the post office (With £12 to pay customs) and I didn't want to wait.

I caught the bus into town first so I could nip to Gamestation and get the PSP game that DD wanted. Although it was absolutely throwing it down I managed to walk up to the post office near the train station.

Something I found out while waiting for my parcel was that there was actually a postal delivery strike on so there were a lot of people the other side of the counter. This meant that the wait wasn't long. I wasn't aware though that there had been any publicity about the strike - No wonder my photos didn't arrive in time to send to my Nan.

I got out of the office and realised that the number 40 bus goes that way into town. I thought I could get on it and go all the way round and get off at home. -That would be a no then! I was told I wasn't allowed to go all the way. I had to pay 90p, get off at the bottom of town, walk up to the top of town get on and pay 90p again. SO I had no choice really. I may as well have just walked all the way home as I was soaked through anyway. If the box wasn't so awkward to carry I would have done.

I got home 2 hours later, soaked through to the skin, shivering from the wetness yet sweating because I was so hot.

The saving grace from the the whole thing is that the 2 items I ordered came out brilliantly.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My Pillow

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My shirt...errr should look like this...



Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: