Support This Site

Monday, September 17, 2007

Dining out

I took the kids out for lunch today - well early evening meal really.
I am sick of Pasta and noodles now and I thought as it was Sunday we should have at least 1 proper meal.

We went to the local Wetherspoons pub which is about 15 minutes walk away.
I had the Braised Lamb Shank (In a redcurrant & rosemary sauce, served with creamy mashed potato and fresh buttered British seasonal vegetables), which was absolutely divine. The meat was gorgeous and the sauce was to die for.
DD had Fish and chips because the only other thing that looked good to her was the Pasta and she has been eating that all week. DS on the other hand had the Mixed grill which would have been my second choice.
The meals are very generous and we all struggled to finish but it was wonderful to have an actual proper meal for once. Of course the downside was that after eating our fill we then had to walk all the way home again but on the plus side we had walked enough of the meal off to have made some room for ice cream when we got home.
I wish we could afford to eat like this every day but unfortunately my rainy day stash is speedily drying up.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: