Support This Site

Monday, November 12, 2007

Bloody Passport service

I am supposed to be saving ready for our holiday now but instead I am shelling out cash left right and centre.

Way back in October I agreed for DS to sign up for a trip to to France with school on December 19th. I thought it would be great and he already has a passport so no hassles there - WRONG!! when I finally found his passport the other day I found it had expired! So got the renewal form and took him into town on Sunday to have the photos taken then today I took the form into the main post office for the check and send service.

She told me that the photos (Which I paid £4 for!) were unacceptable because he has his glasses on. She informed me that it states very clearly on the notes that no spectacles are to be worn....
She also said that because he is over 12 the photo does have to be countersigned because he has aged.

ARGH!! so I have to fork out another £4 for more photos and who the hell can I get to countersign? The last time we got passports I asked our Reverend friend Phil but he lives in Burton now and I haven't seen them in ages. I am not taking it to the doctors as they charge a fortune for the service just to sign a bloody photo and form.

This trip to France is turning out to be more trouble than it's worth and if I hadn't already paid the deposit I would tell Bret that it won't be possible but the deposit is non-refundable.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: