Support This Site

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Incompetance

I am not quite sure whether I should make a complaint about this as I am also at fault.

In the half term holidays I took DS to Vision Express for an eye appointment as he was struggling and getting headaches. Although the optician said that his eyesight hadn't changed much, she said he could order some new glasses anyway and then he would be able to keep his present glasses as back-ups. So we went through the rigmarole of picking a new pair.
Unfortunately he is passed the children's frames now so he has to choose from the adult men's pairs. This leaves us with not much choice as we only have £29 which is the value of his NHS voucher. Yes I know I could pay the extra but I don't see why I should as he is a child.

Anyway he chose a pair he liked the style of and they said they could order in a different colour as he didn't like the light blue colour. So we filled in all the forms and they said they would phone us when they are ready.

Last week I got a card from Vision Express telling me the glasses are ready but because of DS' paper round after school we weren't able to get down there until Saturday.

So Saturday afternoon DS and I went to VE to collect his new glasses. We sat there half an hour while she went to look for them and then finally she came back and said she couldn't find any record of us ordering any glasses at all. She asked for my receipt but I hadn't thought to bring it with me (STUPID) so she showed us the computer page for DS so we could see there was nothing on there about ordering a new pair of specs. So how could I have gotten sent a card if there were no glasses???

So the woman said the only thing I could do is come back the next day with the receipt.

I searched everywhere for that bugger and can't find it anywhere!! It is like some evil force is at large and they have wiped out any record of the glasses as well as stealing my receipt. I thought the best thing to do was to ring up and again was told there was no record of us having ordered any but I was told that we could go in and see if they could make him up a new pair of specs as they did have the lenses ready.

So this afternoon we have been back up to Vision Express and luckily we managed to get a pair of new glasses for DS. The frames are the ones that we had ordered so I reckon they just got put in with the new stock instead of being sent to be fitted.
The whole system seems flawed though. When new frames come in they should go in an inbox preferably in alphabetical order so ours should go in the M draw...instead of them having to search through every single draw in the place - It would make much more sense.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: