Support This Site

Monday, December 03, 2007

Old fashioned family gathering

Well sort of tenuous extended family actually but an enjoyable afternoon.
Debz rang me beforehand to say her and boyf would call for us on the way at about 2.20pm So I stood at the window watching for them and guess what? It started to pee it down. Great I have done my hair really nice today and by the time we get to the restaurant it will be a total mess.
Luckily as we left the house the rain died off.



When we got to the restaurant Zoe and Glynn had just arrived and we were seated at the biggest table available. There were 17 of us all together including obviously Ange and Rob and the 2 kids, Me, DD & DS, Debz and Carl, Zoe, Glynn and their little one, Zoe Sister Tori and her hubby and their 2 kids and Zoe and Tori's mum.

As soon as everyone was present is was get food time. I let the kids go first and waited at the table for everyone to come back before I ventured up. I took advantage of the finger type foods first as a starter. I particularly like the Pineapple fritters and the Prawn toast. I also had the spicy wings with a bit of Lemon sauce and a (Rather huge) Onion ring. Oh and I had a bit of lettuce too lol.

Second course for me was the larger type dishes. I can't in all honesty remember what I had. A bit of Kung po Chicken and some chicken chow mein was on the menu. I also had a bit of Egg fried rice and filled the plate right up with as many different dishes as I could.



It was all gorgeous but you know you have to save some space for Ice cream. Luckily unlike the Big Wok, the Ice cream is scooped so I didn't overdose. I had a bit of chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry and topped it off with Chocolate from the fountain and some Marshmallows. By the time I got to the table the chocolate had gone hard and it was all welded together so I had like a huge marshmallow and chocolate lollipop.

Of course as there were younger children there it took them a little longer to eat so when we were all finished there was time to chat and have a bit of a laugh. Zoe's little one had brought a little book along and we had to think of words with 6 letters. She was obsessed with Elephants and Ostriches but unfortunately both of these have more than 6 letters.

I think it was about 4.30 when we all said our goodbyes.

When we got home I got the Christmas tree out of the cupboard and DD and DS took pleasure at dressing it all by themselves. Then we sat and watched Elf.


Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: