Support This Site

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!!

So here we are again A new year to ring in.

I invited DD's friend round with her mum and little sister as I thought it would be a nice change for us after last year.

They arrived just after 9pm and as usual I had prepared way too much food. I only meant to do a few nibbles but I was tempted by Iceland's Indian platter as well as the dessert platters. add a few packets of crisps and some sausage rolls not to mention pork pie, Salad and Crackers and I think we were good to go.

The evening went really fast. The children played on the Wii and did a spot of Karaoke on Singstar while us mums drank Bacardi and chatted.
Before I knew it, it was 11.55pm so I put Take That on to see them ring in the new year.
Shortly after 12 Debz rang so I could speak to Nan.
Our guests left about 12.45am then the children and I watched the Big Fat quiz of the year.
I am not really a fan of Jimmy Carr but I really do enjoy this show every year.

New Years Day was great. We spent it at Ange's with the rest of the family. My Nephew got a Wii for Christmas and that was the main focus of the day.

It was really nice to spend the day with all the family, even though Nan was quietly falling asleep in the corner of the room. We stayed until about 6pm and then I wanted to get back before it got too cold.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: