Support This Site

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

My new toy :)

Today I took delivery of my Brand new shiny Breadmaker!!

I had been planning it for ages and had it saved on Tesco ready for when my CP money came through.
It is Tesco own and does up to a 900g loaf.

Of course I had to get it out straight away and have a go. Thing is, as it does it all for you I found it quite boring.

I had a packet of bread mix to make a normal white loaf so what better place to start?

You just bung the water in first then put the mix/flour/ingredients/yeast in on top.
You shut the lid and it starts it magic.
First it mixes it all in to make the dough and then it rests to proof it. Then it mixes and kneads and then it rests again. It even beeps when you have to any other bits in like seeds or cheese or currants etc...
When all that is done it cooks it and when it is finished it beeps to tell you.

I tried this first one with the lightest crust setting as I know the kids don't like really crusty bread. It is more like shop bought with a lighter crust.

This is the finished loaf
It is lovely as toasted with butter and it was gorgeous this afternoon too as a ham salad sandwich.

I can't wait to try lots more delicious recipes.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: