Support This Site

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Rainy Saturday

Bring It On I say!

Although DS was playing in a Steel band gig in town, Bill and I had planned to go to an event at their old primary school.

It was absolutely throwing it down in the morning when I got up so I said to Bill that if it was going to rain all day then we wouldn't be going. It is bad enough getting wet when you don't have a choice so I wasn't going to choose to go out in that weather. Sadly DS couldn't make that choice as he had to meet up with the rest of the band in town at 12.15pm

The rain did wear off and the sun came out so about 1pm Bill and I walked over to the school. Of course as we were half way there the rain started again but I didn't want to walk home again without something to show for it so we sped up to try and beat the rain.

I was a bit disappointed when we walked through the gates. There was a BBQ tent


(We had been promised free food) a cake stall,


A books/toys stall and a gazebo where a young girl was singing. Only thing there was that she only seemed to know 1 song and that was Take That's "Rule the world" She had a great voice and the song sounds lovely sang by a girl but over and over again was a bit much. She could have learnt some more songs for the occasion - Actually she hadn't even learnt this one as she had to have the lyrics in front of her.



As the rain came down even heavier we ran to the sanctuary of the school hall with everyone else. We stayed there for about 5 minutes and the rain slowed down. The event leader was fed up by this time I guess as he announced all books and toys were now free take what you want!

Once the rain stopped, I bought some cakes and we headed back home.
On the park was a young girl was attempting to get a paraglider in the air but she wasn't having much luck. We watched for a while but she gave up and so we left. We could have watched from the house if she had managed it.

The rest of the day of course consisted of passing the time until the series finale of New Doctor Who series 4...I will write about that in another entry as I want to illustrate with caps and I haven't done them yet!

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: