Support This Site

Monday, August 04, 2008

Renewed Virgin

So last week I got a call from Virginmedia telling me that as a special treat for loyal phone customers they are sending out free cable TV boxes no strings with access to all the free package for life (Or as long as I stay a phone customer) Not only does the package include all the free to air/view channels but it also includes the On demand services and most importantly the BBC Iplayer.
All at no extra cost to me.

At first I nearly said no thank you as I already have Sky+ anyway but if they were giving it to me for free anyway I may as well say yes.

Today at 9am the UPS man turned up with my special delivery Virgin (Vbox) TV system.
It took me a few minutes to set up, as we had the TV package before the connections were all there so I didn't need any of the extra cable or the splitter they sent.
There were no instructions included with the box so It took me a bit of ringing round Virgin's numbers to finally get it activated but within 20 minutes I was watching Last weeks Bonekickers on the BBC Iplayer from the comfort of my sofa instead of in front of the Computer screen. (Unfortunately I did forget to SkyPlus it last week while we were out.)

So it might be a bit stupid having Sky and Virgin boxes next to each other but I have come to thinking that once we get back into the Autumn schedules there is always a build up of shows all on at 9pm every night so at least I will be able to watch one channel on the VBox and still record 2 other shows on the Sky YAY!

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: