Support This Site

Friday, November 07, 2008

A Good afternoon

Wednesday was time for me and Lisa to meet up again. I got to the council houses pretty early as usual and was dying for the loo so I planned to nip inside the council houses to the toilets in there. As I got to the road I saw there was a demonstration going on outside the building.
It seems the Derby City council are proposing to shut all the public toilets in the city and representatives for the Labour party are protesting against it. I signed the petition of course then ironically popped inside the Council building to nip to there public loos.


I came out and saw Lisa's bus coming in so I hot footed it across the road to meet her and we made our way round to the Standing order. It is a while since we have been in there together.

It was the same old routine really. We had a couple in the Standing order then moved on to revolution bar as it is nice and quiet in the afternoons and Lisa treated us to a bottle of wine.
We left the Revolution and went across to the Wardwick Tavern where I like to sink into the big old leather sofas at the back.

We had a pint in there and then we were both getting a bit peckish so we decided to go in search of food. May Sum it is then

Actually I was quite frustrated with May Sum. First of all the prices have gone up. It is £11.10 for evenings now. This means you have to eat more to make it worth it. The second thing is that they have lots more choice in the evenings and that makes it hard to got your money's worth.

We had a bottle of Rose to wash it down. Unfortunately Lisa wasn't feeling too well and could only manage 1 plate of her favourite seafood and some cake.

I tried my hardest to eat as much as I can bit there were so many dishes that I wanted to try that I didn't get round to.
I did have a try of the pepper Prawn crackers which were lovely if a bit too spicy after a while.


They have also added a whippy ice cream machine which was fab but I will be a bit sad if they take away the scoopy ice cream with the choice of flavours.

I added a couple of Marshmallows on sticks and covered it with Chocolate sauce.

Neither of us managed to finish our wine and when I was full to bursting we paid the bill and left.

I got home in time for Heroes so it wasn't a late one this time :)

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: