Support This Site

Sunday, December 07, 2008

An afternoon of all you can eat.



It was my sister Ange's 35th birthday on Thursday and today we went out for our family meal to celebrate.

We arranged to meet at 2.30pm and when I got there at around 2.20pm Debz and Carl were already there and had been a while. There was just me and Bret as Bill doesn't like Indian / Chinese food.

The restaurant was Je Ja Jees in Derby which is an Indian/Thai buffet style.
Inside the restaurant was really dark and you could hardly see the table in front of you.

We sat waiting for The Birthday girl to arrive. The manager must have thought we had just come in out of the cold as it had been a while. I think it was about 2.45pm by the time Ange and her lot arrived.

You can read my review for Qype


I am jembie on Qype



I wasn't that impressed to be honest.
We all eagerly took our plates down to the food area (The food area was well lit unlike the eating area)
Ange got excited about the chutneys and dips but they do nothing for me I am afraid so I got myself a starter of Spicey Chicken wings, Veg Pakora, some spicey Chicken thing with Onions and peppers and some Popadums and a bit of mint sauce.

I went back for some salad but this only consisted of a bowl of grated twisty Carrot, a bowl of grated twisty Celery, a bowl of lettuce and a bowl of Cucumber.

I was quite excited about the main dishes as I wanted to try a few mouthfuls of different curries. There wasn't really much choice once again but I did try almost all of them.
The choices were Tikka Masala, Lamb Rogan Josh, Thai red curry, Veg curry, Sweet & Sour Chicken and some awful pukey green looking curry. There was boiled rice, Bombay potato and mixed veg to go with them.I refused to try the pukey looking stuff but I had a litle bit of each of the rest with some Bombay potato and mixed veg. I even went up for seconds.

The Naan bread and Noodles were brought to our table by the waiter. They brought us 3 baskets of bread and 2 dishes of Noodles. YUM my 2 favourite things!

Unfotunately the desserts were more or less non existant. There was fruit salad that looked like it was out of a tin and some gooey looking stuff like Semolina or Rice pudding. I decided to decline as did everyone else and we all said we would get Ice cream on the way home.
Sadly for Bret and I there was no Ice Cream as we couldn't find any in our local shops so we opted for Chocolate fudge cake and Hot Chocolate.

Well I can categorically say that none of us wil be going there again but at least we have been once.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: