Support This Site

Thursday, December 18, 2008

It's Greased Lightning!!!

Tonight was the School Christmas show. Yes I know every year I blog about it but this year was different. This year They put on a full on production of the musical GREASE.

Bret has been rehearsing solidly since September. Originally he was to play the part of Sonny but there was a shift in October and Bret got the part of Kenickey.

I was very nervous as we left home. I wanted Bret to do really well and I wanted it to all go smoothly. As you know the school shows that happened previously were always badly organised and went on and on for ages and ages.

We got there really and they hadn't even opened the doors yet. It was raining and I don't think Debz and Bill were happy with me for leaving so early.

Once we got in and found some good seats a few rows back, my stomach really started with the butterflies and I wasn't even going to be onstage. Ange and DN were arriving slightly later so I had to keep my phone at hand so that as soon as she arived I could go out and take her tickets to her. It was supposed to start at 7pm but the later it got it meant the less they would miss.

As it was I got a text from Ange just as it started so they only missed about 5 minutes of it.

You can always tell a good anything when it flies by so fast. I couldn't believe it when the end of the first half came already. I had thoroughly enjoyed it so far. The kids did amazingly well. Some of the singing wasn't quite there but the fact that they got up there on stage and put their full heart and soul into it.

The second half went just as quick as the first and at the end Bret got to sing Greased Lightning again as an encore. I managed to capture most of it on video but hopefully Bret will be able to get the recording of the whole show.



What really got me was how popular Bret is with his fellow students. He got cheers and whistles for his performance and this made me mighty proud and very teary. I tried to hold back my tears though the lump in my throat was threatening to burst out of my neck.

Everyone was buzzing at the end as the kids all took a bow and there were hugs all round.
We were all really proud of our boy. The show was brilliant and all the actors were stars. Bret was practically bouncing all the way home...Can't wait for the next show now!!

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: