Support This Site

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Twitterator

As many regulars will know, I have been using Twitter for around 18 months now and It is a great way to stay in touch with people (or Tweeple) You can post updates by text when on the move as well as from the web and many different apps.

I absolutely love it because you get an insight into what others do day to day but for myself it is great to tweet when away from my computer cos then I can read it back later to remember stuff like times and dates etc...

Recently Twitterland has exploded as lots of celebs UK and abroad have suddenly jumped on the Twitter bandwagon. I think most of them will probably get bored with it (Chris Moyles, Jonathon Ross) and stop using it after a while but stallwarts such as Stephen Fry have made it an integral part of their lives.
I love how Mr Fry involves his Twits in his everyday life and is completely interactive with them too. He has over 10,000 followers but he follows a high proportion of them too (Including ME!) of course he would never have time to reply to all so I don't expect but it is dead exciting to have a little look inside his life. 2 nights ago, Stephen got stuck in a lift and was able to tweet whilst stuck and waiting for the engineer. He even took a photo with the other people stuck with him which he immediately uploaded to Twitpic for all his followers to see.

So now my following list has tripled in size and I now follow all sorts of celebrities.
from Philip Schofield to Ashton Kutcher. Phil really seems to be enjoying sharing with all his tweeps. Of course there was 'Hedgegate' which is best described by the man himself.



Ashton sems to be using twitter mostly to stay in contact with his wife (Who I also follow) and promote his production company.

The whole of the Chris Moyles team are also on board (Except Dave) but as I said, it is possibly a passing phase for them.
Most of the rest of Radio 1 seem to be on there too including producers Chris Cox and Neil Sloan who will reply sometimes which is wht it's all about.

Here is a complete list of the famous twitterers I am following to date.

@RealJamesMay
@mrskutcher
@aplusk
@xxandip
@charltonbrooker
@richardpbacon
@schofe
@rustyrockets
@misterwallace
@Wossy
@ThatKevinSmith
@AlanCarr
@breagrant
@greggrunberg
@jameskysonlee
@stephenfry

And my Radio 1 Tweeps

@bigcox
@markchapman
@TherealNihal
@Fearnecotton
@gregjames
@REGYATES
@producerneil
@CHRISDJMOYLES
@domisatwit
@sportycarrie
@ahj
@mattfincham
@ProducerRach
@hannahmorrison


Wow quite impressive. Some of them don't really say much and they tweet and go without reading any replies but some of the presenters actually incorporate it into their TV/Radio shows which is a whole fantastic other medium by which to bring about interactivity.

I wonder how this Twitter revolution will evolve next...

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: