Support This Site

Saturday, February 28, 2009

This week

ARGH I have been so lapse with my blogging of late. Probably because I never do anything worth blogging. Well I could have blogged last week about my nephew's birthday. He was 8! I can't believe how time has flown.

His birthday party like last year was a football party and held at Willows in Derby. 14 8 year old boys runing around a football pitch can be very rough to say the least. Then it was on to My sister's house for Wii play and a go on the new Wii fit that he had for his birthday.

On the Friday the party continued at Torie's house with Pizza, wedges and Garlic bread. It was a good evening and even though I didn't drink I had a good time. It has been a while since I was invited to any of these get togethers.

So this week started off with me coming down with a cold.
Monday I could just aout manage. Tuesday I was flailing and my shopping trip to town was murderous. I also struggled to make the Pancakes as it was Shrove Tuesday - Pancake day! I got it over as quick as I could and was in bed by 10.30pm.

Wednesday it hit me hardest. I manahed to get up to get the kids up and out but then just went straight back to bed where I stayed until 10am. I thin got up, had a shower and spent the rest of the day on the sofa. With nothing to watch I explored the Virgin On Demand menus and found the 1st series of Pushing Daisies on WBtv so I spent the day watching that.
When Bill came home from College at 2.30 she continued watching with me and I only stopped when Bret got home from school.
I went to bed at 10pm Wednesday night but I felt so much better for it Thursday. I had to get up early Thursday as it was Miney's time to go to the Vet and have her op. You know so she can have no babies.

I got bret up for School then I called a taxi, got Miney in her carrier box and off we went to the Vets. We got there with a while to wait but when we went in to see the nurse, Miney was fine and I left her to her fate whilst I went off into town to do my shopping. I had lots to do and was bogged down with bags and pleased to got home.

I left home at about 2.30 to go back and pick up Miney. When I got there she was fine. She was still a bit sleepy but when I got her back home she was straight out of the box and running around.

Friday was my highlight of the week as it was time to meet up again with Lisa.
I met up with her outside the pub at 1.30pm and we had a good old catch up/gossip and natter.
It was her treat and we had 3 pints in the pub over about 4 hours before venturing out to go eat.
We wanted to go try a new restaurant in town called Nono8. It looks really lush in there but when we got there we found that on Friday nights they hae a clubnight and you have to pay £5 to get in before even eating. Well that was certainly not what we were loking for so we wandered up Friar gate to see what other options we had but in the end Lisa said "Lets just go to May Sum"

It's ages since we have been and they now Tappenyaki which is a section of all raw ingredients and you take them to the cook and he cooks them there and then for you.

I have to say though that the choice of foods is so much that we never even got onto the Tappenyaki so I will definitely try it when we go for my birthday in 2 weeks.

I started with the good old finger foods

Then went on to Salad and Sushi.

Then I went on to the mains which covered 2 courses for me of various meat dishes, Noodles and vegetables. I also tried some buttered prawns and a bit of BBQ ribs.
To end with A big bowl of Whippy Ice cream covered in chocolate and choc covered marshmallows.

All this was washed down with a bottle of goreous Rose wine.
It was a fantastic afternoon come evening out and it was nearing 8.30pm when I got home. Derby were drawing 1-1 with Doncaster after a goal scored by Robbie Savage but not long after I arrived home, Donnie scored again and Derby never recovered.

I finished my Friday night by watching Being Human with the kids and then off to bed to watch Chasing Amy which I have had in my DVD collection for a couple of years but never watched. I have to say I don't think I will watch again as it was extremely long and boring. That is a shame as I love Keving Smith films usually. I will stick with the favourites.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: