Support This Site

Friday, April 24, 2009

More Lunching

Today I met up with 2 old friends from my days in the school PTA.

It is about 2 years since I saw Sarah properly and about 5 years since I have seen Janet as she moved away to Mablethorpe.

I arranged to meet them at the M&S cafe as I thought it would be easy for us all to find and Sarah would be able to park in the multi storey.
When I arrived Janet was already there and we chatted as we waited for Sarah. The cafe was very busy and so many more people seemed to be going in than coming out.

When Sarah arrived It was all exciting as we hadn't seen each other in so long. We were only meant to be having coffee but Sarah had just come from work and wanted some lunch so I decided to go with a jacket potato too with Cheese. It was quite cheap at £2.50 and as Sarah pointed out, they were cheaper than any of the sandwiches on display.

When you order they give you this electric thingy like a key thing that will buzz and vibrate when your food is ready so you just take it up to the counter to collect your meal.

It didn't take long for the thing to start going mad on my tray and my Jacket potato was ready.

It was a lovely lunch. We chatted away about our children and what we had all been doing since we last saw each other and general stuff. Time went so quickly and before I knew it we had been there 2 hours.

I had to make a move as I had an appointment so we all said our goodbyes and vowed to meet up again soon. Sarah and Janet swapped numbers too so that it wouldn't have to go through me next time as I can be a bit slow to make the calls.

So hopefully another regular lunch date to add to my diary :D

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: