Support This Site

Monday, May 11, 2009

Unemployment support program


Today I signed up for a voluntary support program to help me into work.
As the title suggests, It is totally voluntary and I am signing up because I am needing a little bit of support to keep me motivated. It isn't that I don't want to work it is just that all the applications I send out and not getting anywhere is so soul destroying I need to keep believing in myself.

I got to the office early even though I was convinced I would be late and practically ran all the way.

When I got there I was asked if I minded someone sitting in on the interview which I didn't. If someone is new they need to learn somehow and I have nothing to hide anyway.

They went through what options are open to me including getting some volunteer work in Admin to help me with getting some valid experience down on my CV. We also looked at me finally getting my ECDL too which you know I have been procrastinating over for years.

All in all it was a positive meeting and I have another one next Monday, in fact it will probably be every Monday for the next few weeks. So lets see what happens now...

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: