Support This Site

Saturday, October 03, 2009

Catch up!

I realise it is a really long time since the last time I posted here. I want to try and catch up and start posting more regularly again.

My Biggest news is that on July 20th I started working full-time for the first time since 1999.
I am working for the DWP at Jobcentre Plus.
My official job title is FJR (Fortnightly Jobsearch Review) I work on the frontline seeing customers when they come in to sign on each fortnight. I check that they are doing their jobsearch correctly, I also do a jobsearch with them on the JCP system and help out with referring to courses and getting them help with CVs. We get about 10 minutes to do all that and as you can imagine some people do need more help than others

Since I have been working it is so good to know there is always money in the bank. I am not used to having such an abundance of cash so it has been easy to save - At the same time I have been able to keep my freezer and cupboards full and I am now able to treat the kids whenever I want. More importantly I am able to treat myself without feeling guilty. I have bought new clothes and shoes for myself. I know that each month all my bills are going to be paid so no more having the phone cut off every month or the Sky service.


1 thing I have noticed since I have been working is that after a particularly hard day I have found it very easy to buy myself a bottle of wine on the way home and down it during the evening. I have never been much of a drinker unless I was out or spending time with friends and I used to wonder how people could come home and drink but now I know. I am not becoming an alcofrolic or anything but it is one change I have noticed in myself.

We have also started having Take Aways every Friday. Most weeks though It is just me and Bill as Bret is never here. We have had Pizza delivery from Pizza Hut which is great as you can order online and this week when Bret was here He and I had Chinese and Bill had Burger and Chips.

So I hope that has caught you up a bit.
I am still Twittering. I am still on Facebook and I am still collecting autographs.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: