Support This Site

Friday, October 16, 2009

Surprising Nanna

On Sunday I decided to go to Coventry and surprise my Nan who I haven't seen since earlier in the year.
I got up at the crack of dawn to get the train as I had to make sure I got there before 12 when she would be calling me up on the phone.

The journey was pretty smooth compared to trips to Coventry I have had before. The train to Birmingham was very full but I managed to get a seat. It is much easier to get a seat when you are travelling alone. I had my Ipod to listen to and daydreamed on the train.

I was in Coventry by 11am. I hopped in a cab to take me to my Nan's house.
It amazes me the scales of taxi fares in Coventry - £10 just from the station to my Nan's and then later it will be another £10 back to the station when my return fare by train to Coventry was only £13.

My Nan was really surprised to see me when I rang the bell and presented her with flowers.

We sat and watched TV for a while. It was actually the first time I had visited my Nan's house since she had the front room refurbished and her leather sofas were soooo comfy I could just have fell asleep in front of the open fire and dozed all day.
Nan's friend Kath came over for a chat and it was nice to finally put a face to a name as my Nan talks about her all the time as they do a lot of stuff together.

After Kath left Nan suggested we go to the local pub for lunch. As we were leaving tho we could see the bus at the bus stop. I could have ran to catch it but it would have taken Nan about 5-10 minutes to get down there so she suggested we just call a taxi.

20 minutes later we were still waiting so Nan called the cab company up again and it appeared that when she rang the first time they didn't send the taxi they booked it for later that night!!!

Within 5 minutes the cab finally arrived and it was only a 5 minute journey but the roads were so clogged that it was another 20 minutes before we arrived at the pub.

When we got inside It was very quiet, i was a bit shocked at the fact that the pub was all decorated for Halloween with a Christmas tree also stood in the corner - very bizarre (No photos as my battery was running low)

We ordered the Roast Beef Sunday lunch. Nan had the child's plate with a small Yorkshire pudding, potatoes, roast Beef and vegetables. I had the King size version which had a huge Yorkshire pudding the size of the plate with everything inside. It was delicious although the veggies weren't cooked very much and were very crunchy.
I had a pint with lunch but was so full up that I didn't need dessert although Nan would have bought me some.

When we were well full we left so that we would make it for the bus home.

In the afternoon we just sat and chatted and watched TV.
At about 5pm Nan thought it was time to eat again and made us (tinned) Ham sandwiches with Tomatoes and of course brought out the cake tin.

At about 6.15 I was in a cab back to the station and my journey home was as smooth as the journey there. I go home just in time for X factor :D

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: