Support This Site

Monday, May 31, 2010

Coventry Bound

I had planned to go visit my good friend Brian in Notts this weekend but as my Nan got a bit upset on the phone about nobody coming to see her I thought I had better go visit her in Coventry instead. To be honest the train fare to Cov isn't that bad - £14 return which isn't much more than way back when...

Typical of my luck it was absolutely peeing it down all day on Saturday. I arrived at Derby train station soaked to the skin. I got on the train and got a seat quite easily although the train was packed by the time we reached Birmingham.

 

There were severaltrains leaving to Coventry but they were all packed so I opted to get the local train - although it stops at all stations on the way - there is never any danger of it getting busy. When I reached Coventry it was still raining. I got off and wasn't quite sure where I was going. I had planned to go through town and buy some food to take to Nan's on the way. I got out good old Googlemaps to help me and I knew I was going the right way when I passed the Footballing sculptures I did get lost once I got into the town so ended up just jumping in the first cab I saw to take me to Nan's as it was still peeing it down with rain.

Once I got to Nans she was surprised but soon started treating me the same way she always has.

We sat and talked for a while and had a bowl of soup that she had been making.

At about 5 I dished up the food that I had bought on the way - Prawn layered salad that was just £2 at Tesco with sausage rolls, pork pies and tomatoes with an iced chelsea bun for dessert.

About 5.45 Nan attempted to ring and book a taxi to take me back to the station but she ordered it for straight away instead so I was back on the platform by 6pm. The thing I hate most about going on that journey is that the cab fare is £10 from Nan's house to Coventry station which is just a little less than the complete return fare to Cov and back.

I got the local train back to Brum and although I had planned to get the 19.19 to Nottingham, hwen the York train came in it didn't look too busy so I hopped on that and I was back home watching thw Eurovision by 8pm :)

Posted via web from jembie's posterous

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: