Support This Site

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

London trip pt.2

So I am in Covent Garden enjoying all the entertainment and looking round all the fascinating shops and markets.

There was this Asian man playing the strangest instrument I have ever seen it is like some kind of horn but it sounded lovely.

My next plan was to find the International sweet shop Cybercandy. Both my kids have been there when they've been to London and also ordered from the online shop. I had to stop first and look on Google Maps where it is.

I went a bit mad. I spent £12 but to my defence everything is quite expensive. They stock all kinds of sweets and snacks imported from The USA/Australia/Japan. The Reeses Pieces were for the Kids and the Hersheys kisses were for me.

So after managing to not buy out the whole shop and bankrupt myself, I got out the phone once again to plot my route across the other side of the river to find my hotel.

I walked down the Strand

Then I went down a side street alongside the Savoy theatre. The Stage door was open as I went past and I am sure I saw Sheridan Smith from a distance, at the same time a man and a woman came out but I don't think they were main cast members.

I walked through the Embankment Gardens. It is beautiful and really peaceful to stroll down the footpath especially as the sun was out the sky was blue and it was a lovely hot summer's day.

I took some great photos from alongside the Thames as I walked down towards Hungerford bridge to get across to the South Bank.

Posted via email from jembie's posterous

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: