Support This Site

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Over the Garden wall

Ironic title because at the moment I don't have one. (Garden wall that is)
A couple of weeks ago I came into the kitchen to see a couple of big builder types taking down the wall that separates my garden from my neighbour's I didn't think much of it at the time. I figured maybe it was something that she had reported. Later that day I went back into the kitchen expecting to find a shiny new wall but there was nothing and no sign of any builders.

Now I know I should be a bit more observant but a few days went by before I realised that the wall was still gone and there wasn't any sign of any builders. Not even working anywhere else on the street.

I spoke to my neighbour the other day and she told me that when they came and did it, It was a complete surprise to her. They didn't inform her beforehand or knock on her door before they did it. Or even say goodbye when they finished. They had taken down her gate and just dumped it without even a word. She has been ringing the housing association every day to find out what is going on but as usual the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Finally today I realised that it is 2 weeks since that wall came down. Our gardens are completely exposed and we have no privacy at all. So pulled together the courage to phone up and ask what is going on.
They didn't even seem to realise that this wall is anything to do with me seeing as it makes up the boundary to my garden. The lady I spoke to was really nice but said that she had been finding it difficult to get hold of the contractor. At last though we got a promise that the builder would come and see us tomorrow to sort it 0ut. I don't want to speak to the builder I just want him to put the wall back!

Stumble UponStumble it!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Oh dear, Jen, 'The Mysterious Case of the Missing Wall' - hope it gets sorted soon it must be a worry for you and your neighbour.