Support This Site

Friday, February 09, 2007

SNOW DAY!


At 9pm Wednesday night my neighbour came across the road to tell me that school was closed the next day. Apparently with the severe weather predicted and the lack of teachers at school that day they had taken the precaution to send the message early.
I went in and told DD who was over the moon and proceeded to text all her mates to tell them. Some of them didn't believe her but she told them they could get up the next morning and it would be on the radio but we were going to have a lie in.

So what do you do on a cold snowy day when the kids are stuck at home? What you would always do!
DS went to the park with his mates for sledging and snowball fights. DD and I went shopping then stayed in the warm and watched TV.
Of course DS was soaked through when he returned home but he had had fun and that's what Snow days were all about surely?

The only confusion came in the evening when we didn't know what was happening today. They break up for half term today (Friday) so I wasn't sure whether the school advisors would decided to make it an extended holiday but as there was no message from anywhere I sent them off this morning and they didn't come back so I guess School is on.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: