Support This Site

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Chivalry is Indeed Dead.

When nI got on the 6pm train back from Notts on Saturday, It was packed to the rafters with Football yobs. I felt like I was in London and traveling on the tube because it was standing room only and we were all packed in like sardines. As we stopped at the few local stations between Nottingham and Derby though it thinned out as most of the Forest fans got off.

Between Long Eaton and Derby which I admit is only 10 minutes, there were 5 people stood with me and a further 5 people stood in the vestibule at the other end of the carriage. All of the people standing were women including a very heavily pregnant woman and not 1 male on that train offered their seats once to anyone standing up.

I didn't mind so much having to stand up as I fear once I had sat down it might have been harder for me to get up again. I just can't accept the fact that no one cared to offer the Pregnant lady a seat.
This is how football yobs get themselves a bad reputation.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: