Support This Site

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Time to go home - Monday

I woke up at about 7am when my alarm went off on my phone. I got up and put Moyles on the radio. I wanted to savour the last few hours of our holiday instead of sleeping and didn't want to rush round like a maniac doing all the cleaning up to leave the caravan as we found it.

Once the children were up and fed we made sure we hadn't left anything before leaving the caravan and taking in the key. The gentleman on reception was the same one that I saw when I checked in. He was very friendly and asked if we had enjoyed our holiday and if the caravan was OK. I was very impressed.

We took one last walk over to the restaurant where we stayed for breakfast. DS had the full cooked breakfast. I had Sausage butties and DD had Bacon butties. When we were all finished I called a cab to the station and before long we were sat on the train on our way home. We were earlier than I had planned and instead of an hour wait at York we had just 5 minutes.

We were home before 3pm. We were all tired and hungry so I got down the menus from the kitchen and we ordered food in.

So that was our first ever holiday away together as a little family unit. It was brilliant and we will definitely do it again in the next round of Sun holidays. Maybe not Scarborough though, I would love to go somewhere more South.

Stumble UponStumble it!

1 comment:

Tamarai said...

Nice to have met you yesterday. Thanks for the insiration!