Support This Site

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Recovery


I know I am behind the times but today I finally got round to watching Recovery starring David Tennant as Alan Hamilton the Building manager recovering from a coma.

It is a very real emotional journey.
Once again it shows DT's brilliant talents as an actor. Every part he plays is nothing like the last. There are some actors that no matter what part they play, you just see the actor but each role I have seen David in has been unique. You totally forget that it's him and get completely absorbed in the character.

Alan Hamilton is a Building manager, married with 2 children, he and his wife are school sweethearts.

Alan is out with work colleagues one night when he is hit by a truck whilst hailing a taxi. He falls into a deep Coma but the story starts when he eventually awakes from the Coma with obvious brain damage resulting in memory loss.
The rest of the story is all about the couple's struggle as Alan's brain injury has turned him into a totally different person. His wife finds it hard to go from being a wife and lover to mother and carer.

It was one of those stories that takes you right through the emotions. I don't know if I was supposed to but I did laugh out loud sometimes but then at other times I was bawling my eyes out. There were some really touching scenes which were hard to watch for fear of a total breakdown.

I am so glad I have finally been able to watch the whole thing all the way through, It has got to be a must watch film but you have to be in the right frame of mind and be able to watch from beginning to end with no interruptions.

Stumble UponStumble it!

No comments: